This basic philosophy underpins all of our products and services, from home broadband connections to advanced corporate IT environments.
We understand that our customers want a service that they can rely on. In order to achieve this, we take extensive measures to ensure that all of our products and services not only meet the requirements of our clients, but also have the redundancy and scalability to consistently exceed them.
Sadly, unreliable network performance is something many New Zealand businesses and home users have begun to expect from their providers. Our goal is to change that expectation and to set the bar higher.
Dedicated High Quality Bandwidth
- Unlike most other ISPs, we don’t oversell bandwidth to keep costs down. This practice inevitably slows networks and leads to costly downtime for the end user. Instead, we dedicate specific bandwidth allocations to each of our customers, ensuring consistently high performance.
Flexible, Customised Services
- From custom built broadband services to complex IT infrastructures, our enthusiastic and experienced staff take pride in designing innovative, high performance solutions to fit your needs.
Privately Owned Datacentre
- Most NZ ISPs lease server space within a shared Datacentre facility. At HD we own and operate our own state of the art Datacentre right here on Auckland’s North Shore, meaning we can monitor and address any faults 24/7/365. This results in greater uptime and unbeatable peace of mind for you or your business.
Highly Skilled 100% NZ Based Support Staff
- Rather than diverting your support needs to foreign call centers, our highly skilled, 100% New Zealand based support team will make sure any issues are addressed as soon as possible.
Fast, High Capacity Network
- Our network maintains more than twice the capacity that our clients use, leaving ample room for periods of high usage.
Launched sister company Hardware Hub Formed in 2016 as the retail arm of our ISP and Datacentre “HD NET” hardware business.January 2016
HD transitions all wholesale spend to Tier 1 providers, Chrous, Enable, North Power, Vodafone and Ultrafast Fibre.November 2015
Most Recently we have completed a full website overhaul refreshing our products and offerings to keep on track with providing our clients with the best services possible.September 2015
Utilizing our Start-up Incubator program HD helped build and launch Unlimited Internet, an ISP built to provide retail clients with the best broadband around.September 2014
HD joined the SaaS space by investing in Robotic Accounting Ltd, a product set to take on the likes of Xero and Quickbooks.March 2014
HD continued growth and expand with the acquisition of Cloud Scale Ltd who specialised in cloud back-ups and cloud services.April 2014
It's Official! The HD Datacentre was completed and we became a Tier 3 Datacentre with 45 active racks, 3 Chillers, 3 UPS all in N+1 configuration.October 2013
HD became a wholesaler and started providing Carrier Grade services to vISPs helping them also get onto their way to greatness.April 2013
HD decided to part ways with the Hosting Direct side (Web Hosting & Domains) of our business and passed it over to the team over at Web Drive Ltd who promised to look after it for us.July 2012
Ensuring our Datacentre was at a consistent temperature, we installed two brand new HVAC chillers so that we are always offering the best tech and service possible.June 2012
We expanded the Datacentre footprint from 18 Racks filling the floor-space and bring our total to 45 Racks.May 2012
We started providing ISP services to our customers, and anyone who wanted great service.November 2011
Following our recent generator and UPS upgrades we moved on and upgraded the backbone of our entire network to a 10GBE Core, IPv6 Ready.September 2011
HD upgraded all of the generators and UPS units to ensure our clients are utilizing the best tech available.September 2011
Hosting Direct rebranded to HD.net.nz, We had outgrown our name and needed a fresh look as we now offered more than just hosting to our client base.September 2010
We have a home! Hosting Direct now has its own dedicated Datacentre in Albany, Auckland.May 2010
We continued to grow and acquired Easy Serve Customers Ltd to help us meet the expanding demand.May 2009
The acquisition of Break Ltd was official, Break Ltd specialised in hosting and helped us expand our abilities and offerings to our clients.March 2009
Hosting Direct expanded the product range to include Domain and Server Services and to celebrate we launched a new version of our website to included our new and exciting product range.July 2008
The Hosting Direct website was launched with a focus on providing top quality hosting to our ever growing client base.June 2007
Its official! Hosting Direct was formed as a Limited Company and our team was joined by investor Daniel Tanner.April 2007
The idea of Hosting Direct was formed and founded by Ben Simpson it offered a free hosting service for Kiwis.April 2006