Acceptable Use Policy
It is HD’s intent to provide its Customers with good quality Services where reasonably possible.
Without prejudice to or derogation from any of its general rights of termination, as provided herein HD reserves the right to immediately terminate, without notice, any service provided to the Customer which violates our "Acceptable Use Policy".
1. HD’s Acceptable Use Policy applies to any Customer using any of our Services, either directly or indirectly.
2. This Acceptable Use Policy applies to any HD Services being purchased or given for free.
Compliance with Policy
By using HD’s Services you agree to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy and to any other policies applying to the Services you use.
Network Abuse is strictly prohibited. HD may terminate, alter or suspend Service immediately and may charge for any remedial or other work required as a result of any Network Abuse at HD’s sole discretion.
The Customer agrees they will not:
1. Undertake any unlawful purpose. This includes, but is not limited to, posting, storing, transmitting or disseminating information, data or material which is libellous, objectionable obscene, unlawful, threatening, defamatory, or which infringes the intellectual property rights of any person or entity, or which in any way constitutes or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence.
2. Violate the law of any foreign state or in particular the laws of the country in which the Customer resides.
3. Impersonate any person, entity or computer address, engage in sender address falsification, forge anyone else’s digital or manual signature, or perform any other similar activity.
4. Engage in any form of harassment, or repeated transmission of such messages.
5. Access any other person’s computer or computer system, software, or data without their knowledge and consent; breach the security of another user; or attempt to negate the user authentication or security of any host, network, or account.
6. Interfere with the computer networking or Telecommunications Service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, denial of service attacks, flooding of a network, overloading a Service, and attempts to “crash” a host.
7. Infringe any copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right registered in New Zealand, any other country or under an international agreement. Publish material which consists of any form of occult, illegal activities, racism and hate speech, violence, phishing, scams, plagiarism, hacking, stolen Internet content, malware, spam URL’s or other unacceptable content as determined in the sole and exclusive discretion of HD.
8. Introduce harmful or destructive software or data (such as Trojan horses, worms, viruses or bots) to interfere in any way with any system on the Internet.
1. The term “unlimited” bandwidth or data without hidden charges carries with it our discretion to terminate at any time with 7 days notice given to customer.
2. If we have given you notice, please find a new service provider to transfer your service to, if you fail to transfer away within this time frame we may without further notice, apply charges to your account for the excessive and/or unreasonable element of your use; suspend, modify or restrict your use of our services or withdraw your access to the services.
3. Excessive use of any unlimited service may result in a warning and ultimately cancellation of this type of services if use is not moderated to agreed levels.
4. If, at HD’s sole discretion it is decided that a Customer’s usage of an unlimited Service is grossly and/or repeatedly excessive then HD may issue a warning to the customer. If the usage levels are not then reduced HD may terminate or limit access to unlimited Services. HD will provide ten (10) days’ notice to any Customers affected under this policy.
5. In this situation HD may at its own discretion choose to waive, or choose not to waive any penalties applying for early termination as this applies specifically to the unlimited service.
6. Bandwidth allocated to our users is reviewed and increased as required, but at any time there is a fixed amount of bandwidth on our network available to all users. Our intention is to ensure that the experience of the vast majority of HD users are not compromised by the extreme and unreasonable usage of a few users. We reserve the right to ask you to find a new provider for users that frequently use significantly more data than the majority of the unlimited users and/or use their internet service in a way that negatively affects the experience of other users.
7. You are not permitted to operate any hosted VPN, SSH Tunneling services via our network using our shared unlimited bandwidth offer, you are allowed to offer and host these types of services if you buy a CIR bandwidth service. You are not permitted to on-sell unlimited data to use as a backhaul service.
1. The customer and any/all of their associates using our Services are responsible for their actions and activities.
2. It is the Customers responsibility to maintain the security of personal information, including any credit card details.
3. The Customer is responsible for any content viewed or obtained using our Services and for content viewed by others using the Customer’s account or connection. HD do not accept responsibility for filtering content deemed objectionable.
Acceptance of these Terms
I have read, understood and fully comprehended these terms and their full nature, extend and effect.
If I sign or purport to complete this contract on behalf of any corporate body I accept personal responsibility for any guarantee the due performance of the body of this contract and indemnify HD accordingly.
I understand that typing in my First name, Last name and Email address and clicking the check box during the signup process on HD’s web sites, I am making an electronic signature with the same nature, extent and effect of a written signature.